ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic Self-Guided Biodiversity Module
Perfect for teachers, school councillors, council education staff and other biodiversity education officers delivering the ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic Biodiversity Module.
Gould League's distance education, six-month professional learning course provides you with templates, examples and step-by-step instructions to run a participative community consultation program and develop a schoolgrounds masterplan with five years' worth of strategic projects. Topics include project management, project planning, budgets and how to write media releases.
Suitable for individual schools or networks, or for education officers to use with their schools to complement and extend their existing programs and support.
- 20 weeks of practical activities to deliver schoolground biodiversity (and other) improvements
- step-by-step instructions
- participative community consultation with students, teachers and parents
- developing a Schoolgrounds Masterplan including at least four of the following elements - active play, quiety play, vegetable gardens, habitat gardens, water conservation, water harvesting, animals, and waste and litter management
- project management training
- 12 months access to materials
- outcomes towards ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic certification.
This course has been independently evaluated as highly effective (Dr Amy Cutter-Mackenzie, Monash University) and the subject of international conference presentations and journal articles (see Gould League Research and Evaluation)