Excursion Program Overview
Children bring their favourite Teddy to share this recycling adventure as they use their imaginations to follow the journey from enjoying a bite with friends to reducing your waste. Using a story, song and hands-on exploration, students will be introduced to the magic of recycling, how to identify what material products are made from and how to choose the right bin.
- A storybook introduction to get tuned in.
- Discover the amount of waste is generated from a simply sharing a meal together.
- Intentional and guided play-based activities support children in learning about items that can be recycled and where they end up.
- A snack break to rest their minds and recharge their bodies!
- A visit to our amazing Wastelands themed room to explore the journey of our recyclable treasures.
- A challenge to become wonderful Party Planners
- Singing a song consolidates the learnings from the day!
Duration: We recommend 1 hour 30 minutes with a 15 minute break half way through.
Restrictions: Maximum of 25 children per Gould League educator. Adults are free of charge, and we suggest bringing a minimum of 5 per group. No younger siblings please.
Equipment: All children participating in this program are strongly encouraged to bring a Teddy from home or from the Centre to share this experience! .
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework: Outcome 2
National Quality Standards: Standard 3.3
|Program Location||Sustainability Education Centre Cheltenham|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)||3|
|Possible Start Times||10am (9.45am arrival), 12.30pm (12.15pm arrival)|
|Program Duration||1.5 hours|
|Program Theme||Recycling, Sustainability, Waste Minimisation, Worms & Compost|
|Cost per group||$330 + GST|