Excursion Program Overview
Children bring their favourite Teddy to share this recycling adventure. Using their imaginations, children participate in a Teddy Bears’ picnic and follow the journey from enjoying a bite with friends to reducing their waste. Using a story, song and hands-on exploration, students are introduced to the magic of recycling, how to identify what material products are made from and how to choose the right bin.
Your program includes:
- A storybook introduction to get tuned in.
- Teddy Bears’ Picnic – Discover the amount of waste that is generated when sharing a meal together.
- Swim with Sammy the Swordfish – Children explore why we need to put our rubbish in the bin.
- What a Load of Rubbish – Children are introduced to the types of items that can recycled through a hands-on sorting activity.
- Where Does the Recycling Go? – An interactive play helps the children to explore what happens at a recycling factory.
Duration: We recommend 1 hour and 30 minutes with a 15 minute break halfway through.
Restrictions: Maximum of 25 children per group. Adults are free of charge and we suggest one adult for every three children to aid supervision. No younger siblings please.
Equipment: All children participating in this program are strongly encouraged to bring a Teddy from home or their childcare centre.
Children are connected with and contribute to their world (Community). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 2.
Children are confident and involved learners (Learning). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 4.
Children are effective communicators (Communication). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 5.
|Program Location||Sustainability Education Centre Cheltenham|
|Max # of Groups (group max 25)||2|
|Possible Start Times||10.00am (9.40am arrival), 12.00pm (11.40pm arrival)|
|Program Duration||1.5 hours|
|Program Theme||Recycling, Sustainability, Waste Minimisation, Worms & Compost|
|Cost per group||$330|