Excursion Program Overview
Discover how worms can help to reduce your waste! A story, song, puppets and real live worms help children to explore worms’ favourite foods and more. Visit our Incredible Shrinking Machine in minibeast costumes to imagine what the worms and their friends get up to!
Your program includes:
- A storybook introduction to get tuned in.
- Compost Bin Exploration – Children dress up in minibeast costumes and venture through our “Incredible Shrinking Machine” into our giant compost bin to discover the creatures that make it their home.
- Worms Up Close – Investigate our wonderful wriggly worms and discover how they move and feed.
- Worm Puppets – Explore what foods belong in the worm farm or compost bin with the help of our worm puppets.
- Worm Song – Through song we help children learn about worms.
Can be customised based on the needs of your learners. This activity can be combined with Recycling activities. See Recycling Rules
Duration: We recommend 1 hour and 30 minutes with a 15 minute break halfway through.
Restrictions: Maximum of 25 children per group. Adults are free of charge and we suggest a ratio of one adult for every three children to aid supervision. No younger siblings please.
Children are connected with and contribute to their world (Community). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 2.
Children are confident and involved learners (Learning). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 4.
Children are effective communicators (Communication). Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework Outcome 5.
|Program Location||Sustainability Education Centre Cheltenham|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)|
|Possible Start Times|
|Program Duration||1.5 hours|
|Program Theme||Living things, Sustainability, Waste Minimisation, Worms & Compost|
|Cost per group||$330|