[two_third padding=”0 15px 0 15px”]
Bring your multi-age School Holiday Program (aka. Vacation Care or Outside School Hours Care Program) children to explore the wonders of Toolangi State Forest!
Visit tall trees, soft ferns, mountain creeks, a logging area and our Discovery Tree Room.
Learn what makes a healthy forest habitat, how forest animals are adapted to their environment and discover the different ways that people use forests.
- Visit our Discovery Tree Room to explore the replica trunk of a Mountain Ash Tree and get up close with our taxidermy animals.
- Feel the air in a protected Cool Temperate Rainforest and taste the creek water (optional)
- Look up to the tall tree tops from within the Mountain Ash forest
- Hunt for different plants, clues of forest animals and ‘minibeast’ insects
- See a clear felled logging coupe
What to bring: A bus must accompany this program. Bring lunches to enjoy in the forest.
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.
|Program Location||Toolangi State Forest|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)||3|
|Possible Start Times||10.00am (9.45am arrival)|
|Grade Level||Primary School Holiday Program|
|Program Duration||4 hours|
|Program Theme||Forests, Trees, Animals|
|Cost per group||$540|