[two_third padding=”0 15px 0 15px”]
Excursion Program Overview
Discover the characteristics of forest environments and the impacts of human activities in Toolangi State Forest.
- Understand that forest ecosystems are highly integrated systems where changes in one area can flow on to affect other areas.
- Understand that human uses of forests have to be sustainable managed.
- Explore current management strategies and see how they are implemented.
- A clear felled logging coupe
- Protected Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Mountain Ash forest that has regenerated from the 1939 Black Friday bushfires.
Workbooks will be provided so you can make a copy for each student to use on the day to guide their forest investigation.
What to bring: Your bus is required to accompany the program, clipboards, copy of worksheets for each student (or print worksheet on cardboard so there is no need for a clipboard) and pens.
Curriculum Connections: VCE Outdoor and Environmental Studies Unit 2
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.
[one_third padding=”0 15px 0 15px”]
|Program Location||Toolangi State Forest|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)||3|
|Possible Start Times||10.00am (9.45am arrival)|
|Grade Level||Year 11|
|Program Duration||4 hours|
|Program Theme||Forest, Human Impacts|
|Cost per group||$540|