Excursion Program Overview
Our forests are diverse, dynamic environments. Investigate forest ecosystems and the interactions and interrelationships between forest plants and animals.
- Past, present and future use of the forest by people and native animals and plants.
- Layers of the Mountain Ash and Cool Temperate Rainforest
- Living and non-living features of each ecosystem
- Any evidence of animals and plants living in the forest
- Habitats provided by the forest
- Forest food chains
- Timber harvesting and its impact
Workbook provided for you to create a copy for each student.
What to bring: Bus must accompany program, sunscreen, clipboards & pens, bag to take away your rubbish.
Science: Biological Sciences (7,9), Earth & Space Sciences (7)
Geography: Geographical Knowledge & Understanding (7-10)
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.
|Program Location||Toolangi State Forest|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)|
|Possible Start Times|
|Grade Level||Years 7 - 8|
|Program Duration||4 hours|
|Program Theme||Forest, Human Impacts, Biodiversity|
|Cost per group||$495|