Excursion Program Overview
Our forests are diverse, dynamic environments. Investigate forest ecosystems and the interactions and interrelationships between forest plants and animals.
- past, present and future use of the forest by people and native animals and plants.
- layers of the Mountain Ash and Cool Temperate Rainforest
- living and non-living features of each ecosystem
- any evidence of animals and plants living in the forest
- habitats provided by the forest
- forest food chains
- timber harvesting and its impact
Workbook provided for you to create a copy for each student.
What to bring: Bus must accompany program, clipboards & pens
Science: Biological Sciences (7,9), Earth & Space Sciences (7)
Geography: Geographical Knowledge & Understanding (7-10)
Toolangi excursion bookings are closed for February, and from 16th July to 10th August in 2018 (resuming week 5 of Term 3).
Gould League does not operate in Toolangi on days with a Fire danger rating of Severe, Extreme and Code Red in the North Central Fire District. On very rare occasions, programs may be postponed due to extreme weather predictions involving wind/storms. In both cases, these programs will be rescheduled at the earliest convenience of both parties.
|Program Location||Toolangi State Forest|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)||3|
|Possible Start Times||10.00am (9.45am arrival)|
|Grade Level||Years 7 - 8|
|Program Duration||4 hours|
|Program Theme||Forest, Human Impacts, Biodiversity|
|Cost per group||$495|