Children bring their favourite Teddy to share this recycling adventure as they use their imaginations to follow the journey from enjoying a bite with friends to reducing your waste. Using a story, song and hands-on exploration, students will be introduced to the magic of recycling, how to identify what material products are made from and how to choose the right bin.
- A storybook introduction to get tuned in.
- Discover the amount of waste is generated from a simply sharing a meal together.
- Intentional and guided play-based activities support children in learning about items that can be recycled and where they end up.
- A snack break to rest their minds and recharge their bodies!
- A visit to our amazing Wastelands themed room to explore the journey of our recyclable treasures.
- A challenge to become wonderful Party Planners
- Singing a song consolidates the learnings from the day!
Duration: Can be customised based on the needs of your learners. We recommend 45 minutes.
Restrictions: Maximum of 25 children per Gould League educator. Adults are free of charge, and we suggest bringing a minimum of 5 per group. No younger siblings please.
Equipment: All children participating in this program are strongly encouraged to bring a Teddy from home or from the Centre to share this experience! .
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework:Â Outcome 2
National Quality Standards: Standard 3.3
|Program Location||Your School|
|Max # of Groups (group max 30)||3|
|Possible Start Times||variable|
|Program Duration||45 minutes - 1 hour|
|Program Theme||Recycling, Sustainability, Waste Minimisation|
|Cost per group||$330 + GST + Travel|